Ecommerce refers to trading online, it is also known as internet commerce or electronic commerce. There is no doubt whether its a big or small business, online presence has become a must. Ecommerce websites generate more leads and sales today because of the growing number of users of the internet. People will look for a product or service online first and then if not satisfied, they will go to a store. That is why it is important to have an e-commerce site with a good SEO strategy.
The e-commerce market is on the rise. Every site wants to rank higher on search engine results pages. In order to rank higher, there are certain parameters that have to be followed and that is where SEO plays a major role. The SEO part is pretty important, on-page and off page both. The strategy for a successful SEO for e-commerce sites are as follows:
Keyword search for e-commerce sites
To begin with the SEO part, it is necessary to do full research on important keywords and competitor’s website as well. That will give you an idea about the important keywords. Keywords are very important because that is used to optimize pages and products and also useful in other segments of SEO. The keywords have to be chosen precisely according to the business’s products/services. You have to keep in mind what people are looking for and see the volume of your keywords. You have to use different keywords for your home page and product pages. Make sure you don’t use too broad keywords because that will be risky regarding relevance to the page and bounce rate might increase. Target long-tail keywords as they are less competitive and convert better than shorter ones.
On-page SEO for e-commerce sites
On-page SEO includes all the activities done within your web pages to rank on top of search engine results. On-page SEO includes the following points:
- It is important to use the right title and meta description and use the right keywords for it. But it should not be filled only by keywords.
- Site structure should be done in a way that makes it easy for users to go to any page they want. Google will also understand better what the site is about and will rank the site higher.
- Internal linking means linking your own web pages to other web pages on your website. You should keep in mind not to overload the web page with internal links. Then a sitemap is to be prepared so that the crawler can crawl your entire website.
- Usability is incredibly important in SEO because if it is not user-friendly, bounce rates will increase. All the hard work will go in vain if the website is not user-friendly. Your customers should want to visit your site again, it has to be interactive.
- The new Google update has made it mandatory to make sites mobile-friendly. Mobile users have grown in numbers and people search more on their mobiles. Your site should be mobile optimized.
- Customer reviews can help with your SEO strategy. If your customers regularly post reviews about your products and services it will boost your SEO.
- Rich snippets have a good impact on people as well as google. Rich snippets are the results that appear with images on search engine results. When people see such results it increases the chances they will click and convert into customers.
Content marketing for e-commerce sites
As it is always said, Content is the king. The researched keywords can be used here when you write blog content for your site. Content should be user-friendly, relatable and readable. You should hire a professional content writer who can write quality content and he/she should have knowledge about SEO. A knowledgeable content writer will know how to write the content without getting penalized by google. The content should be written in a way that attracts the people to buy the services/products of the site. It should all be inter related otherwise it won’t retain customers.
Link building for e-commerce sites
Link building is also an important part of SEO. Quality inbound links will help the site to rank higher if it is coming from a site having good domain authority (DA) score. Inbounds links on sites with low domain authority will get your site penalized by google.
If you do all these things properly, there are good chances your site will rank higher not immediately, it takes time. With the right SEO strategy, you will also see more sales on your eCommerce site. But SEO is not that simple because google constantly keeps updating their algorithms. SEO is definitely time-consuming and it requires constant attention. The best you can do for your site is to look for the best digital marketing agency and let them handle the rest. SEOWebPlanet solutions provide the best SEO services in Vadodara and all around the world.