Wondering about the new strategies to work on in 2020. Here, are the Top Digital Marketing Trends for 2020 you must keep in mind.
1. Omnichannel Marketing – Omni is here to stay! It promises a magnitude of benefits for the business. Omnichannel helps to create marketing touchpoints that are suitable for all types of channels. Omnichannel is highly essential for customer-centric business. 70% of the customers use 3 or more channels to do extensive research on the purchase. Omnichannel is helpful in creating a firm foundation for positive customer experience. Some channels like –
- Ephermal Video – In ephermal videos, the posts remains for 24 hours and gets vanished. A huge marketing potential lies in impermanent posts.
- Podcasts – Podcasting allows to communicate to a captive audience. It allows companies and brands to tell their story effectively. Regular content keeps the audience connected for a longer time.
- Live Chats – Live Chats aid in online buying decisions, resolve customer service, increased conversions, and sales, ability to build customer trust and loyalty and answer product questions in a timely manner.
- Direct Mail – Direct Mail is a highly targeted and cost-effective lead generation source that can be incorporated in a digital marketing campaign.
2.Voice Search – Voice based devices are increasingly demanded by consumers. Eg – Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant. According to Comscore, an American media measurement and analytics company – half of all searches will be voice searches by 2020. 30% of web browsing sessions will take place without screens as researched by Gartner.
- Teens majorly use voice searches and latest audio-centric technologies such as Apple’s AirPods, Google Home and Amazon’s Echo which have made ‘voice first’ interactions turn into exceptional experiences. Google voice search queries have gone up tremendously over the years and therefore it is important to incorporate it in your digital marketing strategy.
3.Artificial Intelligence (AI) [Machine learning] – Artificial Intelligence is positioned to identify the latest trends, drum up data and do competitor research. AI helps in deciding which content is applicable based on location, historical data, past behavior. Moreover, it also helps in enhancing the customer experience. AI can help in enhancing online shopping experience where customers can actually try a product before purchase.
4.Mobile friendly website [AMP] – 91% of the population has a mobile out of which 56% of the population possess smart devices. Mobile SEO helps to ensure that your website is tailored to deliver a satisfying user experience at all platforms and is optimized for all devices. 70% of the search results on mobile yield an action within an hour. Targeting mobile users can help to reduce sales conversion rates this further can shoot the profitability of the business.
- Accelerated Mobile Page Project introduced by Google loads the pages in 0.5 seconds which results in a lower bounce rate. AMP allows your website to rank higher and improve your rank on Google search.
5. Quality content marketing – Personally relevant content is a determining factor in purchasing decisions and can lead to a 500% increase in consumer spending. A lack of relevance in content can lead to decreasing engagement rates. 34% of consumers would be motivated to promote their favorite brand online with content that’s relevant to their interests. Personalized stories resonate with the audience. Customer data can work as a valuable treasure to create such stories.
- You can also put informative and engaging content that puts a spotlight on your team members for the audience to know your organization better. Behind the scenes, Instagram and Facebook videos, reports showing your company’s successful initiatives, etc can add value to your social media marketing campaigns.
6. User experience websites – By the year 2020, customer experience will surpass both price and product as the most important brand differentiator.
- User experience is crucial to the success of digital marketing as it digs deeper into the individual page and helps to satisfy the customer needs systematically.
- A user-friendly website should have a smooth navigation process, a systematic purchasing journey, dynamic and relevant content and top-notch mobile device compatibility. Creating engaging content proves beneficial in shooting up your user experience.
7.Strong Social Media Presence – A strong presence on social media is the key to increase brand connectivity and create brand awareness.
- New features constantly get added to social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc and are very essential for any business to grow. It is a must for a digital marketing company to stay abreast of all the changes!
8. Strong Social Media Presence – A strong presence on social media is the key to increase brand connectivity and create brand awareness. New features constantly get added to social media channels like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc and are very essential for any business to grow. It is a must for a digital marketing company to stay abreast of all the changes!
- An influencer live stream is an incredibly useful form of digital marketing. If the interactivity of a live video is highly influential and engaging with a well-chosen personality it can work wonders.
9. Augmented Reality – Augmented reality is the ability to add digital elements in order to get a live view with the help of a camera. E-commerce and advertising is the next big thing. Augmented Reality has completely changed the shopping experience and has brought a new synergy by using AI-powered e-commerce tools.
- Integrating AR into marketing campaigns has innumerable benefits – increased brand awareness, customer engagement, improved customer experience and it gives the physical experience of bringing the digital world to the real world.
10.Chatbots, an automated tool that gives an impression of talking to the customer service person in real time. It can answer basic questions, track and fulfill orders and help solve issues. Bots are extremely useful and are available 24/7 and can reduce call wait time for customers.
- Thus, they help to resolve customer issues and enhance customer experience instantly. Data management platforms (DMP) helps in collecting data of users and analyzing it which can further help in personalizing to their needs to target potential leads.